Friday 8 April 2011

Friday 8th April 2011

Our baby boy Samuel James was born on 6th April at 6.08pm weighing 5lb 90z. I also managed to deliver naturally which I was thrilled about. He is just the most amazing creature ever......

Obviously things are still very difficult but now I have this beautiful boy to concentrate on. He is still in intensive care at the hospital but so far he is doing ever so well and we are hopeful to bring him home soon.

One of the doctors at the hospital has also decided to prepare a case study on my condition to hopefully gain further recognition. I have given my consent to her telling my story so fingers crossed that people find it interesting enough to warrant some decent medical research being carried out.

Til next time...

3 comments:

  1. I just wonder why you think this a a bad thing?

    You could look at it as winning the Lottery..

    Millions would PAY to hear and see your story

    You could be financially secure for the rest of your lives

    Or you can throw the winning ticket away and hide and get a breast reduction...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say this has been really debilitating - my quality of life has been severely affected.

    Anyone that would choose to have a chest this cumbersome would be out of their minds.

    If you can imagine having two heavy beach balls engulfing the top half of your body, drooping down to your waist and spilling down the sides of your body completely crushing you, and unable to get any clothes or underwear to fit from any shops to try to make you more comfortable, then I would ask you if in my shoes you would consider this winning the lottery. Getting a reduction is not hiding away it is getting my life back.

    I would like to make millions of people aware of this condition but only so that other pregnant women know that they are not on their own and to gain enough recognition so that more medical research can be carried out so that others might not have to suffer as I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi caroline
    i just happened to find your blog while looking for information gestational gigantomastia. i was diagnosed with this disorder 9 months ago as i delivered my son 9 months ago naturally. if you need any support or encouragement, please email me at laneydebra@yahoo.com . best to you. i know exactly what you are feeling!

    ReplyDelete