Tuesday 28 June 2011

Tuesday 28th June 2011

I have had a couple of counselling sessions these past couple of weeks which have made me feel quite down. It's great offloading and she is a really great counsellor but it's just me - I feel like I just want to cry when I go because the lack of substantial regression is getting me down. I just want it all sorted out and when I talk about how I feel it just makes me even more depressed as we don't seem to be anywhere nearer sorting me out if that makes sense. It's so frustrating talking about something I hardly know anything about.

On a more positive note I went to a friend's wedding at the weekend and managed to wear the lovely dress brought for me by my hubby. I did feel really self conscious to begin with but then I thought stuff it I am here to enjoy myself and did my utmost to do just that! I felt a little bit like my old self as I tried to make the effort by doing my makeup and getting my hair done.

The hot weather isn't great when you are as top heavy as me. My bra with underwire is just so uncomfortable at the best of times but coupled with the sweat from hot weather (gross I know!) it becomes unbearable. What I find hard to deal with is how dumpy I look. I find that because my tops have to be baggy to take account of my chest size it just looks like a tent over the rest of me, but because the top clings off my chest the overall effect is that I am bigger than I actually am. I am only 5ft tall so it doesn't take much to make me look huge! It's actually quite hard to pull off any trendy look these days and I find that I am most comfortable in jeans and tshirts. I miss wearing feminine dresses and skirts which is why I was so excited to get into the dress which I wore to the wedding. I am so hoping that this time next Summer I will be back into my girlie clothes again!

I have still been going to spin classes at the gym so very pleased with myself. I watched the combat class on Thursday night and got withdrawals! I so wanted to go and join in but I just can't do the jumping up and down. I have decided I might go along one week and do it all low impact however the only problem with that is that it can make things worse when I go along but can't do it at the intensity I prefer! However I think I may just give it a try and see how I go. I have been doing my dvd's at home but mostly low impact. Whenever I do try to do a jog or a star jump I have to hold my breasts tightly in place otherwise the pain I feel is horrendous. Somehow I don't think this method would work at the gym and would only cause me unwanted stares! It works ok at home in my living room though! I have only just felt able to up the intensity of my workouts too so it is a really weird feeling when your head is telling you to up the ante but my body physically won't let me!!

Other than that my back pain seems to be getting much worse but I guess I have just got to get on with it! Baby Sam is just gorgeous however and I am loving every minute of him.

That's about it for now....

1 comment: