Saturday 30 July 2011

Saturday 30th July 2011

I have been to see my GP a couple of times now as my monthly cycle still hasn't returned. After a couple of blood tests it has been confirmed that my levels of prolactin are still extremely high - over 1,000, but should be about 500 which is probably why this hasn't happened. The doctor feels this isn't anything to worry about at the moment but is obviously all linked with the hypertrophic breast situation and just needs to be monitored. I have to say I have had the worst headache for nigh on 3 weeks now and I just feel like I have PMT all the time which is not so good! The results of these tests do confirm what the consultant at the hospital was telling me regarding too much hormonal activity for any surgery to take place so it really has brought it home to me just how long this condition takes to stabilise! I can't believe how it has impacted on so many other functions of my body as well as the obvious!

I went to see my counsellor again this week after a month's break from it. I have to say I was well and truly ready after a couple of negative things that have happened lately so found that I did get a much needed lift after seeing her again.

I am now hoping to trace the case study that the Registrar at the hospital said she was going to publish. I am a little unsure how to go about doing this so if anyone has any ideas please feel free to let me know.

Also I am back to see my GP next week for any update on the Prolactin - I can't believe I am saying this but I cannot wait to see my period again!! (I won't be saying this when the cramps start though!) It indicates that things are settling down in the hormone department which can only be a good thing with regards to my surgery!

I am also hoping to get another bra - I am in so much pain underneath my breasts on the rib cage where the weight of them has caused the wire to press into my skin. My skin has become so thin and is getting sore where its breaking. I have tried putting cotton padding underneath but it's not really working and in this hotter weather only makes the heat emanating from them even worse. I thought I would try the shop I went to in June to see if they could suggest another type/make of bra that may offer better support. Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. keep us posted, we do read your posts, just not much to say except good luck

    ReplyDelete